Thursday 12 July 2018

Wall Art Using Zero Brand Decoupage Papers By Maansi Vaswani

Good morning ,

I am back once again with  an another project using the new decoupage papers from zero brand.  For those who have not seen my earlier post with the zero brand papers here's a little update.  

These new papers are awesome.  They are easy to use and have a beautiful texture on them. And though they are thick they are still easy to sand off or cut with hand.  

I have for a long time being wanting to do some decor for my kitchen.  And when I saw the beautiful still life with wine bottles, I knew I wanted to use that print.  

Using a big sized chopping board. I first coloured the back and the sides with acrylic paint using 2 - 3 shades of brown.  I used a sponge so as to get an uneven effect.  

Then it was a matter of putting the paper on the area I wanted.  I cut the top of the paper with my hand so that it blends neatly with the paint.  

Using Mod podge, I easily stuck the paper and blended paint on the sides as well as the top.  This paper does not have any bubbles or wrinkles while sticking.  

Once my paper was stuck I cut off the excess and blended it a bit with brown paint and added a hint of gold. A bit of stencilling completed the project.  Considering that this would be put up on the wall I have kept the back blank.  


Image 1

Image 2
Image 3
Image 4



Supplies used

Mdf chopping board 
Zero brand decoupage papers 
Mod podge 
Acrylic paint 
Stencil
Varnish 

Hope you enjoyed this project :)

Wishing you a wonderful day !!! Do leave some love !!

Regards,
Maansi
Artfire Creations

7 comments: