Tuesday 24 July 2018

Decoupage on coasters using the zero decoupage papers By Maansi Vaswani


Good morning

I hope you all are doing great :) .Today, I am sharing a beautiful inspiration for you all. Do share some love.

The brand zero has newly launched its speciality decoupage papers.  And as soon as I received them I was ready to check them out and work with them. 

First of all I checked the papers in detail.  And I must say I was super happy.  Most of the prints have an elaborate background design as well as well placed focal images.  The printing is crisp and the paper is beautifully textured. 

I decided to try them out on coasters.  Many of the papers are specifically designed for smaller projects.  And with a set of six patterns on a single page it's perfect for coasters. 

Considering they are thick papers not much priming has to be done on the surface.  I painted the sides and the back with brown paint.  And I was set to go. 

These papers are super easy to use.  Just stick them with Modpodge and you are done.  There are no issues of bubbles etc. And though the paper is thick I was still able to sand down the edges easily. 

So with minimal efforts a set of coasters is done.  To complete the coasters,  I did stencil a pattern in the back and added some gold in the sides and on top as a slight shimmer near the edges. 

And voila we are done. 

I do hope all of you try these papers.  And here hoping for more beautiful patterns and papers from zero brand.  

Image 1


Image 2

Image 3


Supplies used

Mdf coasters
Zero decoupage papers
Modpodge
Acrylic paint - brown and gold
Varnish
Stencil

Wishing you a wonderful day

Regards
Maansi
Artfire Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment