Tuesday 7 August 2018

Mix media tags - Autumn fall By Maansi Vaswani

Good morning, 

"In crafting, there are no mistakes,  just unique creations"

This is the mantra that I usually live with.  I don't have any pre-notions of how my projects will turn out to be.  

So when I started on these tags I had no idea on how they would look.  All I knew is I wanted to use some warm colors to contrast the earlier tags that I had made.  

These tags have been made in the old clothes tags we receive when we buy new clothes.  

So here is how these tags were created.  (I have made a set of three tags using the same embellishments with changes in the layout) 

To start with I did some basic stenciling and covered the entire tag with gesso.  Once the base was ready I added some color and did some stamping with black.  



Image 1


Then I went ahead and added some lace,  thread and a few mdf embellishments and some homemade clay embellishments.  

Once everything was properly stuck I added some readymade flowers and some handmade flowers.  (the small flowers on the side are handmade flowers).  Also, I added some clay leaves,  filler pollens, and fused pearls to complete the composition. 

Once everything was in its place and dry I started coloring the composition.  I used a brush to apply the colors as I wanted some control on where the colors were going.  I have used some sprays,  acrylic colors and shimmer paints to achieve the effect.  

Once the entire tag was ready I added some gold dots to complete the look. 

Here are some pics of the completed project.  Hope you like these

                                
                                                                
                                                                       Image 2


                                                                          Image 3            
                          

                                            

                                                                         Image 4                                                                
                                                       

                                   


                                                                           Image 5


Supplies used from Nagashri Arts 

Gesso
Modelling paste
Stamps
Archival ink
Thread
Lace
Clay
Clay moulds
Mdf embellishments 
Readymade flowers 
Speciality paper for flower 
Pollens
Cosmic shimmer color
Metallic paint 
Acrylic paint 
Spray
3d outliner 
Pearls on a string 

Wishing you a wonderful day.  Please do leave some comments and love below

Regards
Maansi Vaswani 
Artfire Creations

2 comments: