Monday 4 June 2018

Baby Album By Maansi

Good morning 

Hello , my dear crafty friends. This is DT Maansi Vaswani from Artfire Creation Blog . Today I am sharing a beautiful baby album which is made with lots of love . I hope you will love the album. Do share a feedback with us.

            A newborn is always a cause for celebration and ofcourse gifting to the new one.  So when I came to know that one of my close friends was due, it was a cause for excitement.  And thus began the hunt for the perfect gift for the parents as well as the little one.  

But I wanted to give something which will be of value even after many years.  So I decided to make a handmade gift.  A lot of options were there but I chose to make a baby album to store all the precious memories. 

This album is made in generic colours as we did not know whether it would be a girl or boy and I wanted the gift to be ready at time of the birth.  

Using a paper stack received as a part of my DT kit along with some awesome supplies, and adding some generic paper from my stash, I have created this 14 paged, 8" * 8" with a 4" spine baby album from scratch.  A point to be noted here is you don't need paper from the same stack to create a beautiful album.  I have added some generic paper from another 2-3 stacks that I had on hand. ( I did this as I wanted a lot of paper for the picture mats and inserts). You can add more interest to your album by adding papers with polka dots, small flowers,  stars or even lines. 

I will not go into the details for making each page as there are host of tutorials and info available on the internet.  But as the receiving family had no idea about scrapbooks, I did try to keep it simple for them to understand and use it.  At the same time each page is different in terms of layout. 

Another thing that I kept in mind is keeping additional pockets and picture mats to store all the precious memories.  

As I already mentioned this is a 14 page album with many fold outs and pockets.  It has a capacity of storing many photographs.  Also I did create a ton of picture mats / inserts from all the left over paper.  

The flowers on the cover as well as inside are all handmade using speciality paper.  Also I have used a lot of embellishments from my stash and the DT kit.  Some of the pages even have magnetic closures.  

The ribbons and the name on the cover and inside have been added in the end,  when we got to know it's a beautiful baby girl.  

Here are few of the pics of the various pages and a overview video of the album.  




















Supplies used
Chipboard 
Card stock - white
Red tacky tape 
Pattern paper 
Wet glue
Ribbons
Lace
Embellishments 
Wooden frame
Half pearls
Acrylic paint 
Speciality paper for flower making 
Archival ink 
Punches
Glitter

Hope you have enjoyed this inspiration and album.  Happy crafting 

Regards 
Maansi Vaswani 
Artfire Creations

4 comments: