Tuesday 24 April 2018

Hexagon Box using leather paper By Maansi Vaswani

Good morning everyone, 

I am back again with another project using the wonderful leather paper.  Before I go into the details of this project I would like to say that these sheets are beautiful to work with.  They give an absolute look of leather in terms of look as well as texture.  They can be used in place of scrapbook paper and even decoupaged.

I especially love to decoupage this as this is super easy to do so.  And there are no wrinkles or creases while doing so.

So let's get to the project.

I have made a simple hexagon box using the classical leather sheets.  The only difference in my construction has been the fact that I have taken the leather sheets and decoupaged it to the cardstock and used that as a foundation to cover the entire box.  This is because I wanted it to look like a leather box.

Also, I have kept a difference of almost 2/8" between the hexagon at the base and hexagon on the lid.  This is because as my paper is thick and with multiple layers  I did not want the lid to be too tight.

The box has been decorated with pattern paper from Eno greetings both at the base and the lid.  I have again used a brown vintage looking pattern paper to give it an absolutely earthy look.

I have finished off the box with a beautiful loop metal charm which is not only decorative but also helps in opening the box.

Here are some pics of the finished box.







Supplies used
Chipboard
Cardstock
Leather sheets
Tacky tape
Eno greetings paper
Metal charm

Wishing you a wonderful day

Maansi

No comments:

Post a Comment